Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reservation Phone Call

I am sure Mom and Amy have both experienced this call when taking reservations as well.

Customer: "Hi, I was wondering if you could change my flight from the 13th to the 15th."
Me: "That wouldn't be a problem. Can I get your name?"
Customer: "Yes, (gives name). So you will be changing my flight from the 13th to the 15th.
Me: "Yes."
Customer:"Is there any way of knowing that will really be happening? That my flight will really be changed?"
Me: "Sir, I am changing the flight right now and will send you a confirmation with the new flight."
Customer:"So, then I will be on the flight for the 15th."
Me: "Yes, sir."
Customer:"Really, I just want to make sure that it really will be changed."
Me: "Yes Sir, your flight has been changed and I sent an email to you with information for you flight for the 15th."
Customer:"Can you stay on the phone while I check my email so that I can make sure my flight was changed?"

That is when I attempt to kill myself.

5 comments:

Darney said...

I love it when the paranoid schitzophrenic passenger calls. It makes my whole day! Just shoot me, shoot me now!

Anonymous said...

I understand the customer's worry, i said nothing to double check that my flight was actually changed. I got to the airport to check in and my name was not on the travel list. So that is why we check.
I still got on the flight because i knew the customer service rep. Samoa is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Shane you can't leave comments unless you agree with the post! :D

Darney said...

Shane,
Have you been into the Kava again? Shame on you!!!! You are too laid back!

Darney said...

Who is this anonymous Samoan? I think he tells lies. He never changed his flight!