Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not Exactly A Strength

I don't like babysitting. It's funny though, some kids I don't mind babysitting. There are some kids that I am fine with. Danielle's kids, Jill's kids... They were like my little niece and nephews. It didn't bother me at all to watch them.
It doesn't bother me to watch my actual nieces and nephews. There are a few other families here that I don't mind babysitting for. The kids are behaved. They just play with mine.. all is good.
BUT- then there are those kids that come over and it goes like this;

10:00am - arrive
10:10am- "I'm hungry"
10:15am- "When are you going to feed me?"
10:30am- "Did you say it was snack time at 10:30?"
10:32am- "Oh, I don't like that. I want something else!"
10:33am- "I don't like that either."
11:00am- Time to go pick up Bethanie from school. Everyone piles in the car.
11:10am- "Why isn't she here yet? Shouldn't she be here? Why are we waiting? Can't you move your car? Make your car go. I don't want to wait..."
12:00pm- "Still hungry!"


Oh help!
I just don't have the patience I should with some children. Some people are so very good with little children. It isn't one of my strengths...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...nice post...yes..the marriage's life it is not easy...not even..but kids are blessed i guess...they can make u crazy but how it would be life without them.

Darney said...

Act semi insane. No one will ask you to babysit anymore. It never worked for me. It shows how desperate Moms are to get away. I acted insane and was asked to babysit constantly. Hmmm...perhaps they WANT their children to have a Willy Wonka experience.